White Door Games
Based in Madrid, Spain
March 28th, 2016 (PC)
|USD||$4.99 (Gear VR)|
Dreadhalls is a horror dungeon crawler for Virtual Reality (Oculus Rift, HTC Vive and Gear VR). You are trapped deep inside a massive dungeon. Explore it, survive it, and find a way to escape. Your only weapons will be stealth, your own courage, and a faint light.
Dreadhalls was originally developed for the 2013 VR Jam game contest organized by Oculus VR and Indiecade, where it obtained an Honorable Mention. Its inspirations come from the survival horror and roguelike genres, as well as classic dungeon crawlers such as Eye of the Beholder and Dungeon Master.
- Experience a new kind of immersive horror. In VR, your brain will be tricked into believing you really are inside a dark, damp dungeon, no matter where you look.
- Levels in Dreadhalls are procedurally generated. Every time you play, the map will be different, so you'll never know what to expect next.
- Listen to your surroundings! Dreadhalls combines positional audio cues and an original soundtrack to build its immersive soundscape.
- Survival gameplay. Hide and run from the cretures that creep in the darkness. Find oil to keep your light fed. Surviving in a dungeon is not an easy task!
PC Trailer YouTube
Gameplay (2) YouTube
Gear VR Teaser YouTube
Let's Play by LPXStudios (Gear VR version) YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Honorable Mention" Dreadhalls - VR Jam by Oculus and Indiecade, 2013
- "Best Sound Design" The Proto Awards, 2014
- "Dreadhalls shows the mind-bending potential of realistic first-person games in virtual reality."
- Will Shanklin, Gizmag
- "The Scariest Game for Oculus Rift"
- Crystal Brackett, Eugor
- "Freaky as hell"
- Ben Kuchera, The Penny Arcade Report
Request Press Copy
We are afraid this developer has not upgraded their presskit() to use distribute(). For security purposes, this form has been disabled.
Original Soundtrack by Matt Collins
Available from http:.
VR Jam Version
The original prototype of Dreadhalls for the 2013 VR Jam contest, you can download it from http:.
Follow me on Twitter https:.
Dreadhalls Facebook Page https:.
About White Door Games
White Door Games is a one man VR game development company, created by Sergio Hidalgo.
More information on White Door Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Designer and Programmer
Concept Artist, Creature Designer